Mother & Baby ProductsOrganic baby care products
are becoming more popular by the day. This includes everything from baby clothes, to infant food, toys and skincare. Research into the effects of industrial chemicals on the human body has yielded frightening results and it makes sense that we should return to a more natural approach where ourselves, and especially our offspring, are concerned.
If you do plan on investing in , cleansing products should be at the top of your list. A baby’s skin is incredibly sensitive and the harsh chemicals and additives that are present in many commercial products can wreck havoc with its delicate pH balance. The truth of the matter is that many of the chemicals that are used in commercial baby product preparation have not been properly tested for human skin. Animal testing is becoming redundant (with good reason), with the result that it is increasingly hard to trust anything but all natural baby products
. Now you can put the trust back into your purchasing by making informed choices and ensuring that the products you choose are 100% chemical-free. The organic baby supply
market has boomed over recent years and you can rest assured that no matter what skin type your baby has, there will be a baby skincare range
to suit their unique requirements.Read More »
Furthermore, by purchasing eco friendly baby products
you will be doing your bit for the planet. More often than not, the companies that manufacture these products are also concerned with what is best for the environment. This means that their production processes are not ecologically harmful and that they practice recycling on a large scale. And then, once you’re done with your earth friendly baby products
, you can contribute by recycling the empty containers. We have to be the change we want to see in the world, after all.
Planning on going green and not quite sure where to start? We have compiled a list of the basic organic baby products
a new mother (or organic convert) can expect to require initially. These include:
- Organic baby wash. At first new babies are best cleaned with pure water, but when you feel it’s time to introduce them to some bubbles, make sure to pick a completely natural product that doesn’t contain any synthetic fragrances or harsh ingredients.
- Diaper cream. Most commercial diaper creams contain petroleum derivatives that actually leach natural moisture from your baby’s skin. Swop this with organic baby lotion and you’ll be amazed at the difference.
- Small nail clippers or safety scissors. For the first few weeks after birth, a baby’s nails are incredibly thin and over the years mothers have found that they can keep it short by gently biting it off. If this idea leaves you a bit squeamish you should invest in a small pair of nail clippers or safety scissors – those little nails may be small, but they can leave quite a scratch!
- A baby brush and comb. Baby may not need this initially, but once the first fluff starts coming in it may come in handy to tame that endearing bed-head.
- A baby bath or relevant insert for adult tub/sink. At first your baby should be fine with a few sponge baths on a warm towel, but once you start giving her ‘real baths’ a baby bath will be indispensible. (Tip: If your baby doesn’t like their little tub, try taking them in the shower/bath with you.)
And there you have it; those are the basic organic baby
products you will need to start out with. As you go along, you will wise up to your baby’s unique requirements and be able to adapt the list to suit their needs. For organic UK baby products
, try Evergreen – where good health comes naturally.