Vegan Chocolate Ice-Cream
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 900ml Provamel soya milk
- 2 tbsp sugar (or maple syrup)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 50g vegetable margarine
- 125g Plamil dairy-free chocolate (chopped)
1. Make a paste with the corn flour and a little of the soya milk.
2. Put the remaining ingredients into a thick bottomed pot and bring gently to the boil.
3. Pour over the paste and mix.
4. Return to the saucepan and bring back to the boil, stirring constantly.
5. Cover and allow to cool.
6. Either freeze in an ice-cream maker or repeatedly freeze in a tray for 30 minutes, transfer to a bowl and beat, refreeze.
7. On the last cycle you can add chocolate chips, dried fruit, mixed peel, chopped glace fruit, flaked almonds etc or even up to 4 tbsp of rum or brandy.