Aideens Simple Wheat Free Bread
This recipe prepares healthy wheat free bread with oatmeal and seeds. It is both delicious and nutritious and is perfect for those who are wheat intolerant. The recipe has been supplied by Evergreen co-founder, Aideen Hurley. You should find most of the ingredients in any of our health stores or at our online health store, evergreen.ie.
8 oz fine oatmeal
6 oz barley flour
2 tsp wheat free baking powder
1/2 pint milk (dairy or soya)
2 oz chia seeds, whole or milled
2 oz pumpkin seeds
1. Combine the oatmeal, chia seeds, flour, bread soda and baking powder in a bowl.
2. Add in the milk gradually and stir well. Add in most of the pumpkin seeds, keeping about a handful aside to decorate the bread.
3. Take the mixture out of the bowl and knead in a little bit of flour to shape.
4. Place in greased and floured 7″ loaf tin, and decorate with the remaining pumpkin seeds.
5. Bake at 220° (Gas mark 7) for 45 minutes.