These freeze really well. Just lay out on a baking tray in the freezer. When frozen they can be put into a plastic bag & into the freezer. To reheat, leave them out for 10 mins then gently warm in a frying pan. Delicious for lunch, put into a warm pita bread with green salad & some dressing.
- 225g cooked chickpeas
- 1 handful of chopped fresh coriander leaves/parsley
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 2 slices of wholemeal bread crumbs/60g oats
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- Twist of black pepper
1. You need a food processor for this. First process the bread into crumbs. Put them into a medium size bowl.
2. Put the chickpeas and eggs into the processor and process for about 1 minute. Put this mixture into the bowl with the breadcrumbs and stir together.
3. Add in the chopped onion, crushed garlic, lemon zest, salt, pepper and coriander or parsley. Mix well.
4. Heat some extra virgin olive oil in a frying pan on a low to medium heat. Using a desert spoon, drop spoonfuls into the oil and fry them slowly turning over occasionally until they are golden brown. They take about 6 minutes each.
5. Cool on some kitchen paper.