Christmas Pudding Truffles
- 175g digestive biscuit crumbs
- 50g dried fruits (sultanas, raisins, dates, figs, apricots etc), chopped
- 50g Evergreen organic mixed nuts, chopped & toasted
- 50g Evergreen organic ground almonds
- 50g blackcurrant/raspberry jam
- Grated zest of 1 orange
- Dark rum to taste (optional)
- White marzipan
- Glace cherries
- Icing sugar
- Melted dark chocolate/cacao powder to coat (optional)
1. Mix biscuit crumbs, dried fruit, nuts, ground almonds, jam and orange zest in a large bowl. Add sufficient rum to make a stiff mixture.
2. Form mixture into walnut-sized balls & coat lightly in cacao powder.
3. Decorate the top of the truffle by taking a small piece of white marzipan & rolling it out into an uneven shape, then pressing this on to the top of the truffle to resemble icing.
4. Add glace cherries & angelica to resemble holly berries & leaves.
5. If preferred, decorate truffles by coating in melted chocolate and leaving to set.