Cranberry & Orange Muffins
- 25g Evergreen cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 175g caster sugar
- 350g Doves Farm organic self raising flour
- 15ml baking powder
- ½ tsp Evergreen organic ground cinnamon
- 2 oranges
- 135ml sunflower oil
- 15ml demerara sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5. Line a 12 hole muffin tin with deep muffin cases.
2. Place the cranberries in a shallow bowl & sprinkle with the sugar.
3. Sieve the flour, baking powder and cinnamon into a mixing bowl. Zest the oranges and chop finely. Stir the zest into the flour.
4. Juice the oranges and make up to 375ml with water. Mix the orange juice & oil into the flour and whisk together quickly.
5. Fold in the cranberries and sugar and juices that have been released. Spoon into the muffin cases (about 2/3 full). Sprinkle the top of each muffin with a little demerara sugar & put into the oven immediately.
6. Bake until well risen and golden, about 15-20 minutes. Remove from the tin and cool on a wire rack.