Heart Health Recipe: Flaxseed Flapjacks
80g Linwoods flax seed
150g Biona margarine or butter
150g brown sugar
80g Doves plain flour
St. Dalfour or Meridian strawberry jam (or flavour of your choice)
1. Preheat oven to 190°C degrees (375°F).
2. Mix margarine & brown sugar together.
3. Add oatmeal, flour and flaxseed and mix together well.
4. Place half the mixture into a greased/lined baking tray & press firmly down.
5. Spread the jam over the mixture up to 1cm from edge.
6. Cover with the remainder of the mixture and press down.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes in the oven.