Gingerbread Men - Gluten Free
Prep Time: 30 mins Cook Time: 6-8 mins
- 225g brown rice flour
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 pinch of baking soda
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp xanthan gum
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp soft light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp light corn syrup
- 100g gluten-free melted white chocolate
- Gluten free sweets/raisins (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375F. Sift all the dry ingredients together into a large bowl.
- Place the butter, sugar and corn syrup in a small saucepan and heat gently until melted, then stir into the flour mixture & bring together to form a ball.
- Place the dough onto a surface dusted lightly with rice flour and roll it out to a thickness of 1/2cm.
- Cut out 6 gingerbread men or other shapes (depending on their size) with a cutter, then place on a baking sheet and place in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Use the white chocolate to pipe features onto the cookies and decorate with sweets/raisins.