Gluten Free Blueberry Scones
These delicious scones are super easy to make. You can always substitute the blueberries for raspberries or cranberries (depending on personal preference of course!). Contains products which are natural gluten free as well as some which are certified gluten free.
- 300g Big Oz millet flakes
- ½ tbsp Barkat baking powder
- 3 tbsp Optima coconut oil
- 2 tbsp Rowse honey
- 3 small bananas
- 2 egg whites
- 125g blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the millet flakes into a food processor or blender and blend until it forms flour like consistency.
- Pour into a bowl and mix in the baking powder. Ensure to mix thoroughly.
- Add the coconut oil and mix it through the flour using your fingertips.
- Blend the honey, bananas and egg whites until smooth.
- Add to the flour and combine well, the dough will be slightly wet.
- Stir in the blueberries, leaving a few aside to place on top of the scones.
- Divide the mixture into 10 pieces, shape into your scones (adding the last few blueberries to the top) and place on your lined baking tray.
- Place in the oven for 20-30 mins or until they become lightly golden around the edges.