Gluten Free Pudding
Do you want to learn how to prepare a tasty gluten free dessert? We have just the recipe for you. You can create a delicious gluten free pudding, suitable for coelaics, with the great recipe below. Many of the ingredients listed are available from our online health store.
- 250g of raisins
- 1/8 of a teaspoon of black pepper
- 300g of sultanas
- 250g of butter or suet
- 200g of currants
- 200ml of brandy
- 1 cup of chopped figs
- 1 cup of hot milk
- 1/2 a cup of sherry
- 1/2 a teaspoon of nutmeg
- 5 eggs
- 1/8 of a teaspoon of ground clove
- 1/2 cup of Xylitol
- 1/8 of a teapsoon of all spice
- 1/2 a teaspoon of salt
- 300g of gluten free bread crumbs (simply remove the crust from a gluten free loaf of bread and process into crumbs using a food processor)
1. Mix the dried fruits, butter (or suet) with the spices and brandy, cover and leave overnight in the fridge.
2. In a large mixing bowl, soak the breadcrumbs with hot milk and sherry.
3. In another bowl, beat the eggs with xylitol and salt until pale. Then stir into the bread crumb mixture. Add the soaked fruit and mix well.
4. Turn into a well-greased pudding basin (with a 2 and a 1/2 litre capacity). Cover with greaseproof paper and secure tightly with a string.
5. Place the basin into a large pot which is 3/4’s filled with water. Cover with lid.
6. Bring water to the boil and simmer for 6 to 7 hours. Check the water level frequently and add more if necessary.
7. Remove the basin from the pot and remove the greaseproof paper too. Bake the pudding at 150 degrees for 30 minutes.
8. Boil pudding for a further 2-3 hours on day of serving.