Guilt Free Chocolate Pancakes
Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 10 mins
- 2 free range (if possible) egg whites
- 1 scoop of protein of choice
- 1 cup of plain flour/quinoa flour
- 2 tbsp of organic cocoa powder
- Baking powder 1 tbsp spoon with a pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp of honey
- 2 tbsp of cinnamon
- Almond milk approx. 1 cup (Add slowly to the mixture and make sure it doesn’t become watery)
- Coconut oil
(Use whatever toppings you like; I love fresh berries, natural yogurt and almond butter).
- Add all of the dry ingredients to a mixing bowl or electric mixer (including the cocoa powder).
- Mix the egg whites and almond milk, then pour the mixture slowly into the mixing bowl and whisk slowly and continuously.
- When you form a thickish mixture, heat a frying pan at high heat with coconut oil. Add a small amount of pancake mixture and gently push down the batter with the back of a tablespoon.
- Heat both sides of pancake for 2 mins on a low heat.
- Garnish with some chopped banana, almond butter, natural yogurt and maybe some fresh berries. I used Glenisk yogurt which was gorgeous.
- I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!