Honey & Rosemary Soda Bread Yeast Free
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
- 200g Doves Farm organic wholemeal flour
- 275g Doves Farm organic plain flour
- 300ml buttermilk
- 1 tsp bread soda (bicarbonate of soda)
- 1 pinch salt
- 6 tbsp Rowse organic pure honey
1. Preheat your oven to 200C/Gas 6.
2. Remove the rosemary from the stalk.
3. Mix the rosemary, wholemeal flour and the sieved plain flour with the bicarb and the salt in a large bowl.
4. Add the buttermilk and honey to the mix. Mix until it forms a soft dough.
5. Place on a floured surface and knead until the mixture is smooth. Shape into a round loaf (approximately 20cm in diameter) and cut 2 crosses over the top (so that you can see eight triangles on the top).
6. Bake in a lightly floured baking tin for 30/40 minutes. When it’s ready, it will sound hollow if tapped on the base.
7. Allow to rest for 10 minutes before cutting. Cover with a clean damp teatowel if a soft crust is desired.