Japanese Style Baked Goats Cheese
This recipe helps you to create a great Japanese style baked goats cheese. It is a perfect option for a starter to a meal or as lunch option. This recipe is both gluten and wheat free as well as being suitable for vegetarians. It serves four people when used as a starter and two people when served as a meal.
4 slices of goats chevre log – each about one inch thick
Handful of mixed dried seaweeds
1 tbsp of sesame seeds
1 tbsp of toasted sesame oil
1 bag of baby spinach leaves
200g of green beans
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 inch piece of fresh ginger, chopped
1 teaspoon of Teriyaki sauce
1. Heat your oven to 100 degrees celsius.
2. Place the mixed seaweeds on a baking tray and bake in the oven for about fifteen minutes, until crispy.
3. Remove and allow to cool slightly.
4. Put into a food processor and blend until you get very small flakes or grind into a pestle and mortar.
5. Put the sesame seeds in a dry pan over a medium heat for five minutes to toast, making sure to toss them regularly.
6. Mix these with the seaweed flakes.
7. Brush the goats cheese slices with toasted sesame oil and coat them with the seaweed mixture.
8. Place on foil on a tray in the oven at 100 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.
9. Meanwhile, try the garlic and ginger in rapeseed oil. Then, add the green beans and spinach and stir fry until the spinach has wilted.
10. Toss in the teriyaki sauce and a drizzle of sesame oil.
11. Remove the goats cheese from the oven and stir on a bed of stir fry vegetables.