Mixed Bean Burgers
1 tin of mixed beans, in water without salt
1 medium red onion, chopped very finely
3 cloves of garlic, finely crushed
2 tsp mixed herbs
3 eggs, beaten
50g wholemeal breadcrumbs
Handful of fresh parsley, chopped finely
25g sesame seeds
1 tsp salt & some black pepper
Olive oil for frying
- Drain the beans well & add to a food processor.
- Put in all the other ingredients & whiz until combined. Alternatively, crush the beans with a potato masher put into a bowl & add all the other ingredients.
- Heat some olive oil in a frying pan & drop spoonfuls of the mixture into the oil.
- Turn once or twice until browned – about 8 mins.
- Drain on kitchen towel & serve with a mixed salad & some dressing in a pitta bread.