Peanut Butter Balls
- 280g Meridian peanut butter (smooth/crunchy)
- 3.5-4 tbsp Meridian maple syrup
- 2-3 tbsp Evergreen organic coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp fine grain sea salt
- 6 tbsp Kallo organic puffed rice cereal
- 130g vegan dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 tbsp organic raw virgin coconut oil
1. In a large bowl, mix together the peanut butter and maple syrup for 30-60 seconds, until it thickens up.
2. Stir in the coconut flour until combined (if your mixture is dry, reduce the amount of coconut flour).
3. Allow it to sit for a few minutes to firm up. Add a touch more coconut flour/syrup if necessary.
4. Add salt to taste and stir in the cereal.
5. Shape the mixture into small balls (should make about 16).
6. In a small pot, add the chocolate chips and coconut oil and heat over low heat, stirring frequently. When half the chips have melted, remove from heat and stir until completely smooth.
7. Use a fork to dip the balls into the melted chocolate and place the ball on a plate/cutting board lined with parchment.
8. Place the balls in a freezer for around 6-8 minutes until firm.
9. Dip a fork into the leftover melted chocolate and drizzle it on top of the balls.
10. Freeze the balls for another 10-15 minutes, until the chocolate is completely set.