Santa Hat Christmas Brownies with Xylitol
- 125g butter
- 50g Evergreen organic fairtrade cacao powder
- 3 eggs
- 1.5 tsp vanilla essence
- 190g True Natural Goodness xylitol
- 100g Doves Farm organic plain flour
Strawberry Santa Hats:
- 16 strawberries
- 225g cream cheese, softened
- 3 tbsp True Natural Goodness xylitol
- 1 tsp Nielsen-Massey organic vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 160C & line a medium (22cm x 22cm) square baking dish with baking paper.
2. Sift the cacao into a bowl. Melt the butter over low heat & add to the cacao slowly, stirring with a fork as you go. Whisk until smooth.
3. Whisk the eggs & vanilla essence together. Add to the cacao mixture slowly. Again, whisk until smooth.
4. Stir through the xylitol until well combined.
5. Fold in the flour & stir until evenly combined.
6. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until firm to touch. Allow the brownies to cool in the tray before cutting.
7. Rinse strawberries and cut the bottom flat.
8. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, xylitol & vanilla extract until creamy.
9. Add to a piping bag or ziploc with the corner snipped off.
10. Use the cream & strawberries to make a Santa hat on the brownies (as seen in the image).