Sugar-Free Protein Brownies
- Softened olive oil butter, 3/4 cup
- Smooth peanut butter (organic, without syrups or sugars), 1 cup
- Melted coconut oil, 1/3 cup
- Eggs (I used free range), x3
- Plain flour, 1 3/4 cups
- Coconut flour, 1/2 cup
- Organic cocoa powder, 1/4 cup
- Organic clear honey, 4 tbsp
- Baking powder, 1 tbsp
- Pinch of salt
- Vanilla extract, 1 tsp
- Ground cashews and almonds, about a handful
- 100g scoop of protein powder
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Using an electronic mixture (if possible) beat the olive oil butter with the melted coconut oil and honey for approx. 2 mins at a medium speed.
- Add the eggs one by one, mixing for approx. 30 seconds between each egg.
- Add the peanut butter and vanilla extract to the mixture and blend until you have a slightly thicker mixture.
- After grounding your cashews and almonds using a mortar and pestle (having a few unground nuts isn’t only fine, I highly recommend it), add them into a large mixing bowl with the plain flour, coconut flour, cocoa powder, protein powder, baking powder and salt. Mix well with a whisk until you see that the cocoa powder has dispersed throughout.
- Add the flour mixture into the electronic blender and mix at a relatively high speed until you’re left with a thick, fudgy mixture.
- Oil the side of a baking tray or – recommended – a silicone baking tray with some coconut oil. I melt the coconut oil first, drizzle it on the tray and then spread using the back of a spoon.
- Add the mixture to the baking tray, making sure to beat it down and together gently using the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 35 mins. Pierce with a skewer after this time and if it comes out clean, you’re good to go! If not – stick the mixture back into the oven for a few mins.
- Place the ‘loaf’ onto a cooling rack and leave to cool for at least 10 mins before cutting and serving.