The Cultured Food Co. Kimchi Fried Brown Rice
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Yields: 2-4 Servings
1 cup brown rice
1 tbsp coconut oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
½ thump size of ginger root, grated
1 cup The Cultured Food Kimchi, roughly chopped
1 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp tamari
Toasted cashew nuts
Fresh coriander leaves
- Cook the brown rice according to instructions. Drain well and set aside.
- Place a frying pan over a medium heat and add the coconut oil.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook for about 3 minutes, stirring frequently to stop it burning.
- Add the chopped kimchi and accompanying liquid and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Turn the heat up to medium / high and add the cooked rice to the pan. Toss into the kimchi mixture.
- Add the sesame oil and tamari and stir through.
- Remove the kimchi fried rice from the pan and divide between your serving bowls.
- Heat a little more coconut oil in the frying pan and fry the eggs until they begin to crisp up at the outer edges. The yolks should still be runny.
- Top each bowl of kimchi with a fried egg and add some toasted cashew nuts, chopped scallion and fresh coriander leaves. Note: If you are keeping some of the kimchi fried rice for the following day, hold off on frying the egg for that portion until just before serving.
The Cultured Food Co. Kimchi Fried Brown Rice recipe has been created in collaboration with The Honest Project.