Gravy is a key part of any roast dinner. This tasty recipe prepares an exquisite gravy which is suitable for vegetarians. Lather your vegetables with this delicious gravy. It is very easy to prepare, many of the ingredients will be in your kitchen cupboards. If not, have a browse through our online store for missing ingredients.
- 1 onion (diced)
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 250ml vegetable stock
- Soy sauce (to taste)
- 2 tsp arrow root/corn flour/kuzu (to thicken)
- Warm some sunflower oil in a pan & sauté the onion & thyme leaves in a pan over a medium heat. Allow to soften but not brown.
- Add the vegetable stock. Blend the arrow root/corn flour/kuzu in a little cold water and add to the pan.
- Stir the gravy until it thickens. If it is too thick add water until it reaches the thickness preferred.
- Season with soya sauce & pour into a gravy boat to serve.