Gravy is a key part of any roast dinner. This tasty recipe prepares an exquisite gravy which is suitable for vegetarians. Lather your vegetables with this delicious gravy. It is very easy to prepare, many of the ingredients will be in your kitchen cupboards. If not, have a browse through our online store for missing ingredients.
1 onion, diced
2 tsp of fresh thyme leaves
250ml of vegetable stock
Soy sauce, to taste
2 tsp of arrow root, corn flour or kuzu to thicken
1. Warm some sunflower oil in a pan. Sauté the onion and thyme in a pan over a medium level of heat. Allow them to soften but not brown.
2. Add in your vegetable stock.
3. Blend the arrow root/kuzu/corn flour with a little cold water and add to the pan.
4. Stir the gravy until it thickens.
5. If it is too thick, add water to the mix until it reaches the thickness you prefer.
6. Season with soy sauce, pour into a gravy boat and serve.